Get to Know Tom Weber
Tom is not a career politician, spending most of his life working on his family farm and as a carpenter. He believes that at some point, a person has to stop complaining and do something about the problems he or she sees in the community. Tom decided to take action and won his election to the Lake County Board and Forest Preserve Board in 2012 and became the voice of his county board district. He believes that Illinois is worth fighting for and he would be honored to continue as your voice in Springfield.
Tom is determined to be an active representative in every area of the district. Not only is Tom always accessible but you can always find him volunteering at local events of the communities that he serves.
Tom has 6 sisters and 2 brothers. He grew up on his family’s farm in Lake Villa and still lives there today with his wife Becki. They recently celebrated their 28 year anniversary and have two sons. Tom has worked in construction for over 30 years and started
his own remodeling business in 1996 and an Inspection service in 2006.
Tom became disillusioned with government and could see how taxes were driving neighbors on fixed incomes out of their homes. He decided to take matters into his own hands for his community and for the sake of his family's future.
Tom became a member of the Lake County Board and has been pleased with the positive changes of which he has been a part of. Join him as he now looks towards our state capital and bringing positive changes to all of Illinois.
Toms Elected Offices & Committees Since Elected:
Lake County Board Member 2012-Present
- Chairman of Planning Building and Zoning Committee
- Government Reform Implementation Committee
- Law & Judicial Committee
- Health and Community Services
- Rules Committee
- Ethics and Oversight
- Storm Water Management Commission Alternate
- Northwest Wholesale Policy Advisory Board Alternate
Lake County Forest Preserve District Board 2012-Present
- Land Acquisition Committee
- Planning Committee
Professional and Community Involvement
- YCC Youth Conservation Corps Board Member, Board of Directors
- University of Illinois Extension Advisory Council Vice Chair
- Lake County Farm Bureau
- Round Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Villa & Lindenhurst Chamber Commerce
- Lake Villa Township Lions Club
- Lake Villa Historical Society
- B.E.S.T Bringing Everyone's Strengths Together
- Lake County Farm Bureau (1984-present)
- Lindenhurst Kiwanis Club
- University of Illinois Extension Advisory Council
- Busy Brains Children's Museum Board of Directors
- American Aid Society of German Descendants
- St. John's Military Academy
- Class President
- JROTC Company Commander (Bravo Company)
- Advanced Leadership Training @ Fort Leonard Wood (Department of the Army)
Achievements & Recognition
- Sojourners Award for Service to Community
- Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout Order of the Arrow